Welcome to the website of the Joplin Amateur Radio Club. We are located in Joplin, MO and operate under callsign WØIN. We are a 501-c4 public service organization and an ARRL affiliated club.
The officers for 2017 are:
- President: Ray Brown, KBØSTN
- Vice President: Jim Scott, WBØIYC
- Secretary: Jason Arends, KØJAA
- Treasurer: Gerald Jones, ADØPF
If you would like to find out more about the club, look around the site (use the menus at the top) and drop in to any of our meetings or nets. If you are not yet a licensed ham, let use know if you are interested in taking a class to get your license. VE Testing is also available in the area. All amateur radio enthusiasts are welcome at our events, member and non-member alike.
The club also sells antenna launcher kits which are put together by club members right here in Joplin, MO, USA and can be shipped anywhere. These are great for putting up antennas either in your yard, or at a Field Day site!
Feel free to register on this site – if you are a member, this will give you access to the member’s area, but non-members can also comment on posts.
Scroll down to read recent news, or check out the archive of posts, or photos.
2017 JARC Secretary
- Receiver Project Notes and Errata - Here’s a collection of all the notes I’ve gathered about the project, along with updated schematics: JARC Receiver Sheet 1 of 4 (updated) JARC Receiver Sheet 2 of 4 (updated) JARC Receiver Sheet 3 of 4 (updated) JARC Receiver Sheet 4 of 4 (updated) The capacitors are all marked, but the text is 0.5mm high, […]
- WFD 2017 Details - Here is an update from Matt regarding WFD operations: Winter Field Day will soon be upon us! To make this a great event we need your participation. Come out for a few minutes or come out for the full 24 hours. We’ll start setup at 9:00AM on Saturday 28 January 2017 at the Sarcoxie […]
- 2017 Meeting Location Update - The meeting location for the rest of the year has been confirmed. Starting with the January program meeting on the 24th, all JARC meetings will take place in the Conference Room 2 at Mercy Hospital, 100 Mercy Way, Joplin, MO 64804. Use the Northeast entrance: Do not use the Emergency, Clinic, or Cancer Center entrances. […]
- 2017 WFD - Winter Field Day in 2017 will be January 28/29 from 1900 UTC to 1900 UTC. This year, we are planning on setting up an outdoor operation at the high school in Sarcoxie, MO (101 S 17th St, Sarcoxie, MO 64862). We will likely be at the football field or baseball diamond, look for the yellow […]
- 2017 Meeting Location - So far, our meeting location for the January 2017 meetings will remain at the Red Cross building. There was a mention at the Holiday Dinner of possibly meeting at a conference room at Mercy Hospital, however we haven’t been able to solidify that reservation at this time.
- Receiver Project Details - Our recent project has been a direct conversion design and build, presented by John Frederick and Jim Scott. See below for the details on the project: Coil Chart JARC Receiver Schematic Sheet 1 of 4 JARC Receiver Schematic Sheet 2 of 4 JARC Receiver Schematic Sheet 3 of 4 JARC Receiver Schematic Sheet 4 of […]