Welcome to the website of the Joplin Amateur Radio Club. We are located in Joplin, MO and operate under callsign WØIN. We are a 501-c4 public service organization and an ARRL affiliated club.
The officers for 2018 are:
- President: Jason Arends, KØJAA
- Vice President: Roger Kidd, KDØN
- Secretary: Jim Scott, WBØIYC
- Treasurer: Jim Johannes, NØZSQ
If you would like to find out more about the club, contact us, or look around the site (use the menus at the top) and drop in to any of our meetings or nets. If you are not yet a licensed ham, let use know if you are interested in taking a class to get your license. VE Testing is also available in the area. All amateur radio enthusiasts are welcome at our events, member and non-member alike.
We have a discussion group / listserv on groups.io, as well as a Facebook page and group.
The club also sells antenna launcher kits which are put together by club members right here in Joplin, MO, USA and can be shipped anywhere. These are great for putting up antennas either in your yard, or at a Field Day site!
Scroll down to read recent news, or check out the archive of posts, or photos.
2018 JARC President
- 7/24 Meeting Location Change - From Jeff about the meeting location for tomorrow, July 24 – we will still meet at 7p but will be across the street: Due to a scheduling issue, the meeting Tuesday will be moved to the 1st Presbyterian Church -John Knox hall. If you have ever been to be 1st Tuesday lunch, it is that […]
- May Project: Fox Hunt - This Tuesday we will be having a Fox Hunt during our meeting at 7p. Bring your Tape Measure Yagi or any other antenna you want to try out for finding the fox! If you need help adding a connector on the antenna we made a couple months ago, let us know and plan on coming […]
- 190 Repeater Status - There was some confusion on the current settings on the 190 repeater, so I wanted to clarify how it is set up currently. The 145.190 repeater is a Yaesu DR-1X System Fusion repeater, and is currently set to AUTO on both the RX and TX sides. This means that it will accept both C4FM and […]
- 2018 Missouri QSO Party - The Missouri QSO Party is coming up next weekend (April 7-8), here’s some information about the event: We don’t have a planned club event, but if you plan to operate in the field, feel free to post and invite others! http://www.w0ma.org/index.php/missouri-qso-party is the official website where you can find the full rules and log […]
- March Project – Tape Measure Yagi #project - The project meeting next week (Mar 27 at 7p) will be construction of a very portable, collapsible 2m beam antenna using PVC and measuring tape, by Roger Kidd. The club should have enough parts for at least 20 people to construct antennas, including coax, and we will have tools and soldering guns available. These directional […]
- WFD 2018 Results - The log has been submitted, and here are the results of JARC at Winter Field Day 2018: Sections contacted: Total Contacts: 312 Point breakdown: 268 Phone contacts + 44 digital contacts (worth 2 pts each) = 356 pts 356 pts x4 multiplier for number of bands/modes = 1424 pts 1424 pts x2 multiplier for using […]