Welcome to the website of the Joplin Amateur Radio Club. We are located in Joplin, MO and operate under callsign WØIN. We are a 501-c4 public service organization and an ARRL affiliated club.
The officers for 2018 are:
- President: Jason Arends, KØJAA
- Vice President: Roger Kidd, KDØN
- Secretary: Jim Scott, WBØIYC
- Treasurer: Jim Johannes, NØZSQ
If you would like to find out more about the club, contact us, or look around the site (use the menus at the top) and drop in to any of our meetings or nets. If you are not yet a licensed ham, let use know if you are interested in taking a class to get your license. VE Testing is also available in the area. All amateur radio enthusiasts are welcome at our events, member and non-member alike.
We have a discussion group / listserv on groups.io, as well as a Facebook page and group.
The club also sells antenna launcher kits which are put together by club members right here in Joplin, MO, USA and can be shipped anywhere. These are great for putting up antennas either in your yard, or at a Field Day site!
Scroll down to read recent news, or check out the archive of posts, or photos.
2018 JARC President
- 2018 Missouri QSO Party - The Missouri QSO Party is coming up next weekend (April 7-8), here’s some information about the event: We don’t have a planned club event, but if you plan to operate in the field, feel free to post and invite others! http://www.w0ma.org/index.php/missouri-qso-party is the official website where you can find the full rules and log […]
- March Project – Tape Measure Yagi #project - The project meeting next week (Mar 27 at 7p) will be construction of a very portable, collapsible 2m beam antenna using PVC and measuring tape, by Roger Kidd. The club should have enough parts for at least 20 people to construct antennas, including coax, and we will have tools and soldering guns available. These directional […]
- WFD 2018 Results - The log has been submitted, and here are the results of JARC at Winter Field Day 2018: Sections contacted: Total Contacts: 312 Point breakdown: 268 Phone contacts + 44 digital contacts (worth 2 pts each) = 356 pts 356 pts x4 multiplier for number of bands/modes = 1424 pts 1424 pts x2 multiplier for using […]
- 2018 Winter Field Day Plans - Winter Field day 2018 is only a couple days away – running from Saturday, January 27 at 1p CT to 1p CT on Sunday. This year, JARC plans on setting up at Camp Childress, South of Joplin on Hwy V right off I-49 to the east. (map) We will have our trailer with tower and […]
- 2018 Meeting Location Update - After meeting with the officers this week, we decided that the building at 502 S Pearl will be our new meeting place for 2018. The recently remodeled building has a nice large room we can meet in with tables and chairs available, and has on-site parking. There are entrances on the East and West sides […]
- EZNEC Training – N8GOU - On the 16th of December 2017 John Frederick, N8GOU, will conduct a 4-hour hands on training session on the Basics of Using EZNEC Software. The session will be broken into these topic areas; general navigation, modeling a simple dipole, modeling a loop, modifications of an existing EZNEC file, creating SWR plots, and finally creating far field […]