Welcome to the website of the Joplin Amateur Radio Club. If you would like to find out more about the club, look around the site (use the menus at the top) and drop in to any of our meetings or nets. If you are not yet a licensed ham, we also offer VE Testing. All amateur radio enthusiasts are welcome at our events, member and non-member alike.
The club also sells antenna launcher kits which are put together by club members right here in Joplin, MO, USA and can be shipped anywhere. These are great for putting up antennas either in your yard, or at a Field Day site!
Feel free to register on this site – if you are a member, this will give you access to the member’s area, but non-members can also comment on posts.
Scroll down to read recent news, or check out the archive of posts, or photos.
2015 JARC Secretary
- Rt 66 OTA 2015 - The JARC will be participating in the Route 66 On the Air special event again this year, as W6N. The event runs from Friday, Sept 11 starting at 7p CDT to Sunday, Sept 20 at 7p CDT. We encourage club stations to operate on SSB, CW, and Digital modes on the following bands: 80, 40, […]
- Kansas QSO Party 2015 - Members of the JARC set up in Schermerhorn Park south of Galena, KS and operated as K0T on August 29-30. The special event station made approximately 150 contacts, most of which were out of state. They tried a lot of antenna configurations with varying success but reported it was a fun exercise and chance to experiment […]
- Joplin Hamfest 2015 Report - The Joplin Hamfest was held on August 21-22 this year – it was the 26th time the club has put on the local hamfest. The Hamfest Committee did a lot of work organizing the Hamfest, and it showed, they did a great job and we only heard positive feedback about the event! Now that the […]
- July Program Meeting - During the July Program Meeting, John Frederick (N8GOU) demonstrated the antenna modelling software EZNEC. This is Windows software that can be used to model all kinds of antennas and then plot the calculated SWR and elevation or azimuth gain for any frequency. There is a free demo available on their website: www.eznec.com. John modeled a […]
- Field Day 2015 Report - The 2015 Field Day event was a great success for the Joplin Amateur Radio Club. We logged around 1060 contacts on SSB, CW, and PSK31, had many visitors including 2 elected officials, and enjoyed delicious food cooked by our club members. The weather was nice for both days and we put up quite a few […]
- 2015 Joplin Hamfest Info! - The 2015 Joplin Hamfest page has been updated! [click here] JARC Hamfest, August 21-22, 2015 Friday 3 – 8 PM, and Saturday 8 AM – 2 PM Prices: Admission: $6 in advance (6 raffle tickets included!) / $8 at the door – Valid both days! Additional raffle tickets: $1 Commercial vendor tables: $40 Non-commercial (swap) tables: […]