Welcome to the website of the Joplin Amateur Radio Club. We are located in Joplin, MO and operate under callsign WØIN. We are a 501-c4 public service organization and an ARRL affiliated club.
The officers for 2018 are:
- President: Jason Arends, KØJAA
- Vice President: Roger Kidd, KDØN
- Secretary: Jim Scott, WBØIYC
- Treasurer: Jim Johannes, NØZSQ
If you would like to find out more about the club, look around the site (use the menus at the top) and drop in to any of our meetings or nets. If you are not yet a licensed ham, let use know if you are interested in taking a class to get your license. VE Testing is also available in the area. All amateur radio enthusiasts are welcome at our events, member and non-member alike.
The club also sells antenna launcher kits which are put together by club members right here in Joplin, MO, USA and can be shipped anywhere. These are great for putting up antennas either in your yard, or at a Field Day site!
Feel free to register on this site – if you are a member, this will give you access to the member’s area, but non-members can also comment on posts.
Scroll down to read recent news, or check out the archive of posts, or photos.
2018 JARC President
- WFD 2018 Results - The log has been submitted, and here are the results of JARC at Winter Field Day 2018: Sections contacted: Total Contacts: 312 Point breakdown: 268 Phone contacts + 44 digital contacts (worth 2 pts each) = 356 pts 356 pts x4 multiplier for number of bands/modes = 1424 pts 1424 pts x2 multiplier for using […]
- 2018 Winter Field Day Plans - Winter Field day 2018 is only a couple days away – running from Saturday, January 27 at 1p CT to 1p CT on Sunday. This year, JARC plans on setting up at Camp Childress, South of Joplin on Hwy V right off I-49 to the east. (map) We will have our trailer with tower and […]
- 2018 Meeting Location Update - After meeting with the officers this week, we decided that the building at 502 S Pearl will be our new meeting place for 2018. The recently remodeled building has a nice large room we can meet in with tables and chairs available, and has on-site parking. There are entrances on the East and West sides […]
- EZNEC Training – N8GOU - On the 16th of December 2017 John Frederick, N8GOU, will conduct a 4-hour hands on training session on the Basics of Using EZNEC Software. The session will be broken into these topic areas; general navigation, modeling a simple dipole, modeling a loop, modifications of an existing EZNEC file, creating SWR plots, and finally creating far field […]
- Receiver Project Notes and Errata - Here’s a collection of all the notes I’ve gathered about the project, along with updated schematics: JARC Receiver Sheet 1 of 4 (updated) JARC Receiver Sheet 2 of 4 (updated) JARC Receiver Sheet 3 of 4 (updated) JARC Receiver Sheet 4 of 4 (updated) The capacitors are all marked, but the text is 0.5mm high, […]
- WFD 2017 Details - Here is an update from Matt regarding WFD operations: Winter Field Day will soon be upon us! To make this a great event we need your participation. Come out for a few minutes or come out for the full 24 hours. We’ll start setup at 9:00AM on Saturday 28 January 2017 at the Sarcoxie […]