Welcome to the website of the Joplin Amateur Radio Club. If you would like to find out more about the club, look around the site (use the menus at the top) and drop in to any of our meetings or nets. If you are not yet a licensed ham, we also offer VE Testing. All amateur radio enthusiasts are welcome at our events, member and non-member alike.
The club also sells antenna launcher kits which are put together by club members right here in Joplin, MO, USA and can be shipped anywhere. These are great for putting up antennas either in your yard, or at a Field Day site!
Feel free to register on this site – if you are a member, this will give you access to the member’s area, but non-members can also comment on posts.
Scroll down to read recent news, or check out the archive of posts, or photos.
2015 JARC Secretary
- April 2016 Program Meeting – APRS - I presented information to the club last night on APRS – Automatic Packet Reporting System, and demonstrated some hardware and software to the club. The presentation is available here in a few formats, for compatibility: APRS – K0JAA 2016 – PowerPoint 2016 pptx file (17MB) APRS – K0JAA 2016 – PowerPoint 97-2003 ppt file (18MB) APRS – […]
- Volunteers for Tarzan Zerbini Circus - John Frederick announced yesterday that the Ronald McDonald House is in need of volunteers this weekend to help with the Tarzan Zerbini circus this weekend. If anyone is interested Contact: Shirley Hylton House Manager Housemanager@rmhjoplin.org 417.624.CARE More information about the circus, including times and location can be found on their website: http://www.tzproductions.com/
- February 2016 Program Meeting - This month’s program meeting (tomorrow night) will be covering the use of LOTW, the incoming and outgoing ARRL QSL card bureau, and eQSL. John has put together the attached handout for further information and links: Feb 2016 Program
- Rt 66 OTA 2015 - The JARC will be participating in the Route 66 On the Air special event again this year, as W6N. The event runs from Friday, Sept 11 starting at 7p CDT to Sunday, Sept 20 at 7p CDT. We encourage club stations to operate on SSB, CW, and Digital modes on the following bands: 80, 40, […]
- Kansas QSO Party 2015 - Members of the JARC set up in Schermerhorn Park south of Galena, KS and operated as K0T on August 29-30. The special event station made approximately 150 contacts, most of which were out of state. They tried a lot of antenna configurations with varying success but reported it was a fun exercise and chance to experiment […]
- Joplin Hamfest 2015 Report - The Joplin Hamfest was held on August 21-22 this year – it was the 26th time the club has put on the local hamfest. The Hamfest Committee did a lot of work organizing the Hamfest, and it showed, they did a great job and we only heard positive feedback about the event! Now that the […]